Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
oral progesterone
forceof75 posted:
Unsure where to go with this...
I'm a 38 year old woman who always got period like clockwork since the age of 13. My last normal period was this past october, then they just stopped altogether. I was under and extreme, and I mean extreme amount of stress for a long time. After last period, I was constantly bloated and actually felt pregnant. Finally, in April I went to planned parenthood since I have no insurance and was prescribed Provera pills for 5 days to bring on bleeding. It resulted in spotting for a couple days. this past month, I took progesterone for 10 days and it's been almost 2 weeks after stopped and no bleed. Confused. No ultrasound was done of ovaries or uterus and no hormone levels were checked. They say they will not do them. Saw a gp and he also refused to check hormones. Anyone have any similar symptoms? after 1st time taking progesterone, my arches have fallen! Having extreme leg pain and after 2nd round of progesterone I'm having pan and weakness in both forearms! Unsure if these are related to progesterone. You would think since I have stopped taking it, symptoms would not be related. Any advice? I'm desperate. Limited on what I can do since I am low income. tsh low end of normal, as well as t4. no testing on progesterone or estrogen levels. Unsure what to do. Very scared as I feel like my body is attacking itself.

Helpful Tips

Grandma all ready
Hi, I'm 57 years old and have 8 grand kids. I am bleeding pretty heavy, kid of like a period. I had a complete hysterectomy in 1978. What ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.