Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
When does a UTI equal and ER visit
gr59eg posted:
My wife is receiving antibiotics for a UTI. She has an appointment with a Urologist coming up. However, she has developed lower back pain, chills, and cold hands and feet. Should we go to an ER or wait for the appointment? What are the signs I should watch for that would indicate an ER visit was in order?

thepianoplayer responded:
I experienced an almost silent UTI. I ended up in ICU with a septic condition. Extreme.y scary and dangerous. I would insist to come in if you have chills,etc. don't wait

desire60104 responded:
gr59g,
Hope all is well.
I just had this same experience, I went to the urgent care and because I just had a uti but the doctor that seen me. Told me to go to the ER immediately.
I think your wife should go if it's bothering her,
Take Care

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.