Skip to content
Undiagnosed illness
LexusDaisy posted:
Undiagnosed illness-I'll try to make this brief-I'm 50 years old, had first child who is now 23, had second child who is now 17. Both kids are fine. My health was affected 1 month after second child was born. I go into some kind of (drunken stuper) my husband would say. I slurr my words, i loose my balance, i can't sleep normal, I pass out on couch, etc.. This last for 5 days, and then its like a switch I'm back to normal. This has been going on for 17 years, It happens every 17 to 20 days, last for 5 days. we thougt it had something to do with my period. After 7 years I had a partial hysterectomy. That didn't work either. I wonder if anyone else in the world has ever had or seen anything like this. I welcome all coments or discussions. Thank You.
georgiagail responded:
Have you discussed these symptoms with your physician? Been worked up by a specialist (i.e., a Neurologist?).

LexusDaisy responded:
Been to every doctor under the sun, have had every possible test. It's like clock work, it comes every 17 to 20 days. Thanks for your reply.
ladygnome responded:
Suppose you have already seen neuroligical doc or tried different contraceptives? Any reason to suspect migraine ?
Have you already charted lifestyle factors with your symptoms, like going on a choclolate binge just before a period?

While waiting for a physical cure it might be worthwhile using techniques recomended for chronic conditions like depression, chronic pain, m.e. , simply to make those bad weeks more liveable
Good luck and explore other forums as some are more active/spescialist.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.