Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lingering Clitoral Discomfort After Yeast Infection
An_252688 posted:
About a week ago I started feeling pain when having sex, then started having vaginal discharge, itching and vaginal discomfort if I sat a certain way. I concluded it was a yeast infection because I've had them before, however I've never had clitoral discomfort before other than pain with urination. I bought a 3 day treatment for yeast infection which concluded yesterday, however my clitoral discomfort still remains, which is made worse with urination. It hurts to urinate and causes discomfort (just on my clitoris this time) if I sit a certain way. And it also itches. It feels swollen and it hurts to touch. I feel "aroused" throughout the day but can't relieve because it hurts.

Was it a yeast infection? And if so, is it normal for me to still feel clitoral pain even though the rest of my symptoms have cleared up?

Thank you for any advice.

georgiagail responded:
Was it a yeast infection? How can an internet forum diagnose this for you?

Gail

An_252688 replied to georgiagail's response:
I wasn't looking for a diagnosis per say, more of an opinion. And Of course the necessary sarcastic babble of people like yourself whom obviously can't/ won't help but feel the need to put me down. Thanks for your contribution.

georgiagail replied to An_252688's response:
Might I suggest then with those comments you continue to enjoy your clitoral discomfort.

Gail

Anon_146410 replied to An_252688's response:
I can't believe someone posted a reply to you like that!!! I was really looking forward to what you found out. I too have had a yeast infection and really haven't felt right down there since. I just started the depo shot (had 2 so far) and have been spotting on and off. I used a thin pad during the spotting and didn't notice it was scented. I feel that was the start of this long roller coaster. It just won't go away. I take the pill for a y/infection and it goes away. I stopped using all scented soaps, detergents, and toilet wipes to help get rid of it. But I know what you mean about the feeling not going away. Maybe you should try using NO softener on your underwear and go to a scentless detergent as well. I thought it helped me but it seems it still comes, not as bad. I had one more pill for a y/infection and just took it today. I am thinking I will go and have them do a pap smear and send it out testing for another type of infection. Maybe it's not fully going away????

Sorry you got that reply. Why bother being on here if you are going to make someone feel worse. What a jerk!!

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.