Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spotting instead of period...
Scubesteve posted:
My girlfriend and I haven't seen each other in three months... When we finally get to see each other , we had unprotected sex and used the "pull out" method.. This is Tuesday and she's supposed to start her period on Thursday.. When Thursday comes she has normal red bleeding and then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday she has light pink spotting.. Now she's scared she's pregnant.. What do you think could cause this?

MQM1980 responded:
There is what is called implantation. It is a fertile egg being planted and there is a discharge that is pinkish. This usually happens a few days before you expected period. Being the intercourse happened on Tuesday and her period was due on Thursday, and it came, she is mostly not pregnant. It is to early for a home test. Just have to wait it out for her next period to show. Which I think you will.

Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.