post hysterctomy spotting
An_252914 posted:
had a hysterctomy several years ago, leaving only my ovaries in place. i have been on 2mg of estrace for two years now due to a slow down in my ovary function post surgery. for the past week i have been having some spotting (!) when wipe. it is not enough of a flow that actually comes out on it's own, it is only there when i wipe after urinating. it is only a few times daily, not always. it is rather bright in color with tiny bits of tissue that look similar to when clotting would occur in a period. i have also been experiencing aching cramping in my lower abdomen, which is not normal for me since my surgery. i am quite concerned about this and wonder what thoughts are out there about what this could be.

georgiagail responded:
It would be a very good idea to make an appointment with your gynecologist to get this looked into medically. Unfortunately, issues such as a vaginal infection or vaginal cancer might need to be addressed.

Gail

lookingforanswers2013 replied to georgiagail's response:
thank you. i called and made an appt for friday. i am hopeful that the answer will be something easy to deal with rather than a bad issue. i have ruled out any internal tears (due to intercourse, etc). other than that i am at a loss so i agree it is best to see my doctor.

georgiagail replied to lookingforanswers2013's response:
Perhaps this is something as simple as a vaginal infection. Good luck!

Gail

Anon_6061 replied to lookingforanswers2013's response:
Did they find a cause and suggest a treatment for the bleeding?