Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Very important.....
Alexac333 posted:
Hey, I am a 13 year old,Susie Q., and I had a very scary thing happen to me... I am not on any birth control and I am a virgin,but my period only comes 2-4 day out of the year, and one day I coughed and felt blood run down my leg,and when I removed my panties I saw 2 HUGE bloody gel looking sacs... I am scared please tell me what just happened!!!!! I think it's connected to my gallbladder, not sure.

georgiagail responded:
What you likely saw were pieces of the uterine lining that is passed out during menstruation. Some mistake these for blood clots.

Take comfort in knowing that pieces of your gallbladder did not fall out of your vaginal because it cannot do this and especially not through the vagina.

It is also not unusual that in young teens such as yourself a menstrual period schedule will be very erractic for the first couple of years that it starts.

Gail

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.