Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
worried about having pcos
smarty12 posted:
hello
i am 28 years old .i am married and have two kids .of age 5 and 3 .I was having hair loss for last 6 to 7 months and doctor send me for some blood tests including thyroid , insulin ,b12 ,and lh/fsh
.i was having my periods 4 or 5 days delayed every month from the past 1 year.but that pattern of periods became a routine and i expected my periods to be late a couple of days later than the last menstruation date every month.
My all other test results came normal except lh/fsh. The worrying thing is my ratio of lh/fsh. My fsh level is 6.7 and lh level is 16.8.Doctor said that it might be the case of pcos.
my overall health is good and i am in healthy weight and i am not over weight.what do you think of this ratio of lh/fsh? is it a high ratio and what should i do ?and does this ratio indicate just a pcos or it can be a sign of something else?
i will get an appointment for the scan but untill then this tthought of having pcos and its effects are making me crazy.
can you please reply me what do you think of this situation.
thanks.

Helpful Tips

Irregular menstrual cycle
My daughter has been passing dark blood for over 10 days now. There are clots involved and the blood shed is between a very heavy flow and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.