Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cant figure out whats wrong
roccosbaby posted:
I have been fasting from dawn to dusk with no food or water intake for the past 15 days and going to work and going grocery shopping, running errands etc with no weakness. I just switched my birth control pill this month from syeda to microgestin and this is the third week im on it.

On Tuesday night I forgot to take my pill and remembered wednesday morning after my fast had started that I forgot. So I called the doctor and she had me take tuesdays pill on wednesday night after i broke my fast, then wednesdays pill on thursday at dawn before starting my fast and then thursdays pill on the regular time on thursday night.

I have also been sleep deprived since the fasting has started 15 days ago not being able to get into a deep sleep. My mind keeps working and I am aware of every noise and movement while "sleeping".

On thursday I also had to drive 5 hours to chicago early in the morning. While in chicago I walked about 5 or 6 blocks in the heat in the downtown all while fasting. Then I drove right back for 5 hours and came home.

I get sunburnt very fast specially my face. When I came home my family said my face looked red and swollen. I came home and went straight to bed as I was exhausted and slept for two hours before it was time to break the fast. While sleeping those two hours I was able to go in a deep sleep but my body was hot and burning like crazy. Two hours later I woke up and went down to eat and I was shivering.

Needless to say all through the night I had bouts of sweating and feeling hot and then shivering. Thinking I might be catching a flu or something I started myself on the day cold/flu tabs although I have no sneezing, no runny nose, no sore throat and no coughing at all.

While brushing my teeth in the morning (Friday still fasting as I felt okay after the nights sleep despite some fever) I noticed the lymph nodes in my throat a bit swollen. But I had no pain in swallowing and no flu symptoms at all. Around noon I was in the kitchen making a sandwich for my husbands lunch box and suddenly I felt dizzy and started to sweat profusely. I had to grab a chair and sit down to compose myself a bit then went straight up to my room and lay down.

I fell asleep for a while and did not have fever this time. When I woke up I felt okay but I refrained from going in the kitchen. I felt fine all morning today (saturday) so I came in the kitchen to prepare some dinner. I was working mildly for an hour and I still felt fine. Then I started rolling some dough while standing and immediately felt dizzy and started to sweat profusely. I lay down immediately but now a headache has set in.

I just ate food and drank as much water as my tummy could take. Took the cold/flu pill, the birth control pill and a multi-vitamin.

I have to be back at work on tuesday and I have no idea what is wrong with me and what should I do. I am planning on not fasting tomorrow (sunday) and planning on visiting my doctor on monday if she has an opening. But I just dont know what to do.

Can someone, preferably a doctor, help me?

Thanks.

roccosbaby responded:
So went to the doctor today and she said mostly it is due to the side effects from the meningitis vaccine. She said the rest maybe due to a mild UTI which seems the body is trying to fight since a few days. I dont understand how a UTI. I always maintain high hygiene and clean myself with water not toilet paper.

Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.