Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fustrated
Nettebear posted:
So my symptoms started about 3 1/2 years ago with hair thinning, infrequent menstrual cycles and extended cycles. Then about 1 ago now I started have fatigue episodes and upset stomach along with constipation and diarrhea episodes. I also notice around the same time I started having heavy flow and very abnormal cycles. Sometimes I start out spotting dark brown blood or end the cycle this way which last 1-2 days then in the middle I pass huge blood clots and bleed enough that I have to wear a tampon and a pad at the same time due to what I describe as blood burst. I can go through a large box of tampons and pads in less than a week. I was told I have heavy cycles and was directed to have a uterus ablasion (sorry if I spelled that wrong) I was told by the women clinic not necessary and given 3 months of birth control to regulate my hormones and cycles. Well as of last October now I have been having tingling sensation in my right arm and sometimes down my right side of my body into a throbbing pain in my right shoulder, back and chest. Oh and my cycles are still heavy but regular with the 2 days of spotting and 3 days of heavy bleeding and 2 - 3 days of spotting. As of last month went to ER due to symptoms nurse thought I was having cardiac problems. ER ruled that out and gave me anti nausea medication and Ibuprofen and sent me home. As of this past friday my symptoms are back along with lack of appetite, nausea, tingling in my right arm and down that side of my body, fatigue, dizzness, and the throbbing pain in my upper abdomen, chest, back and right shoulder. I have also started the spotting today and I noticed blood in my feces and this was prior to actually starting spotting. This isn't the first time I noticed blood in my stools but chalked it up to my menstrual cycles. I feel like I am falling apart or going crazy. I am a 42 year old mother of 3 that has had a tubligation 17 years ago. Oh my blood work last month came back all with in normal limits, radiographs of chest and EKG was all normal along with heart enzyme snap test was negative. PLEASE HELP.

Anon_6061 responded:
The menstrual cycle changes may indicate that you're in perimenopause. Some of the other symptoms may also be explained by the hormonal changes that occur during perimenopause (including the cardiac symptoms). It's good though that you had heart problems ruled out.

If the blood is truly in your stools and not coming from your vagina, you may want to have this checked out. Although it could be indicative of rather harmless internal or external hemorrhoids, it could be something more serious.

Helpful Tips

an over the counter item that helps me
I like AZO "for PMS". It has natural ingredients. One time I got dizzy and had to leave church and go lay down in the car. Then went to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.