Skip to content
Heavy menstrual cycle and shredded lining
Jen3812 posted:
Hi, I have just come on today and yet again another heavy period I am using always night time heavy period pads, and I have already changed this 5 times in 8 hours. My first and second day is always very heavy but the last 3 or 4 periods I have had I have she'd what I think is my uterus lining is this normal? My periods are very painful the first couple of days and I have never taken any birth control pills, I'm 22 5ft 5inch and 8st 9lbs in weight, the scariest hing about the shedding of what looks like the lining is the fact that it is quite tough about half a mm thick,

Sorry for being graphic

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Yes, seeing parts of your uterine lining is normal since that's what's shed during your period.

As for your heavy bleeding, have you seen a doctor? Heavy bleeding can be a sign of fibroids. I had them and I used to change a super plus tampon every 90 minutes.

Helpful Tips

When is it appropriate to remove an IUD?
I have had my IUD inserted after my baby was born three years ago. When would it be suitable to have it removed? I know it is ok to have ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.