Skip to content
Weight Loss Problems
LADYHOLIDAY517 posted:
Guys Thanks so much for your input but you all don't seem to realize what a serious problem I have with my back. I suffer with pain so bad every day. The only thing that makes it even "Bearable" is taking my 'Pain Pills' and rubbing this stuff I got from my 'Therapy Clinic' called "Fast Freeze," it's a kind of roll on, and then I wrap myself with this 'Back Wrap' I have and just lay like a dead dog on my sofa and watch TV with a 'Pillow' under my back. Only doing all that seems to help ease the pain which seems to be getting worse as time goes by. I just got another xray last week and my "Chiropractor" said it didn't "look too bad!"......hah! A "Bulging Disk," and a spine that's "Degenerating!" I asked him well if it's not "too bad" then why am I in such excruchiating 'PAIN!?' Today I felt so bad I couldn't even walk around my apartment too well. Finally, I took one of my 'Colusterol Pills' that I've had for months that I haven't been taking; it seemed to help because I started to feel a little better and moving around a little better so maybe that's 'ONE' of the answers to do to help myself. I have "High Colusterol" also. I'm going to keep taking them and see if that helps. Walking is NOT AN OPTION! My 'Back' goes into a "VICE LIKE GRIP OF PAIN' after only walking from my apartment to my car which is about 10 yards. Also, I can't stand more than 5 or more minutes! The same thing happens! I have a "Caregiver" that comes in once a week to help with the "Dishes, and house cleaning." This is all so unbelievable for me since I was always so "ACTIVE" most of my life. I was a 'Professional Dancer' and 'Singer.' Look me up on 'facebook' under my stage name, which is also my 'maiden name,' 'FRANCES BUCHEL' and you won't believe your eyes! I was 46 in that photo! About "Weight Watchers," I really don't think they can help me because I have "NO SELF DESCIPLINE" for eating. Plus, I already have studied a lot about 'Fruits and Veg.' and I 'DO' eat very well. The only vice I can say I have "no decipline for is sweets." I have to have some 'Desert' after Dinner which I don't think should be a problem. My 'PROBLEM,' if you will, is I "CAN'T EXCERCISE!" That's why I said I 'Love to Swim' and if anybody out there has a 'POOL' that's the 'HELP I NEED.' But, I promise I will also give 'Weight Watchers' a try. Also, I can't take any 'Thyroid Medicine' because it made my hair start falling out like I was on 'Radio Active Therapy for Cancer!' I saw an 'AD' on the 'Internet' for some 'Thyroid Pills' that claimed to be the "ANSWER" but they cost a lot of money so I have to wait until I can afford them. My 'Doctor' said walking aroung in a Pool would be a good excercise for me. So again, if anybody out there that lives near Indio, Palm Springs, or Palm Desert, and has a Pool; I would be so grateful to be able to use it. Thank you again for everybody who gave me some input to try and help. All the best to all of you, francesmary32240@verizon.net .

Take the Poll

If anybody has a POOL I can use PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS SO MUCH.
  • Post for everybody. Thank you so much.
  • Post for everybody
vote
View Poll Results

georgiagail responded:
I once had a nice older lady come to me when I was in private practice (I'm an RD) who had to lose weight before her orthopedic surgeon would operate on her bad knees. The problem was that she was just a little over 5 feet tall and weighed 230 pounds and he was afraid to put her under for the surgery; he was worried she'd never come out of the anesthesia.

Not only could Ms. Ada not exercise because of her knees, at age 70 she had some other health issues that limited her ability to get more around. She was also worried that if she would lose weight her upper arms would be "flabby". I thought that was a bit ironic but what the heck.

What she could do was upper body exercises and we devised a routine where she lifted (I'm not kidding) cans of vegetables (since she didn't have weights) every hour on the hour while she watched her soap operas (she loved soaps and watched about three hours each day). Her routine was 10 minutes each half hour six times a day during the soaps. This didn't involve ANY exercise such as walking or anything that involved her knees, just her upper body.

Now...it took Ms. Ada THREE years but along with a diet and her "exercise program" she lost 80 pounds, going from 230 to 150. She had nice tight upper arms. And the nice thing was that it ended up she didn't need to have both knees replaced because with less weight on them, she could get along fine. So...her orthopedic surgeon lost out but he also was happy that she reached her goal as he commented he had many patients who could avoid all types of orthopedic surgery on knees, hips, back and ankles if they just managed to drop some weight.

Gail

LADYHOLIDAY517 replied to georgiagail's response:
Hi Gail, Wow, what a great story. That does sound like a great idea about the veggie cans, I'm going to try it. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer this advice.
All the best, Frances

LADYHOLIDAY517 replied to georgiagail's response:
GAIL, BTW, forgot to ask; that 'Diet' you mentioned. Did you give it to her? If you did, can you send it to me? My email is: francesmary32240@verizon.net

thanks so much for your help.

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.