Skip to content
Excessive prolong bleeding menses
Waejay posted:
Hello

Would like to seek another advise/help other than my current gyn doc. I'm 21 and have been having irregular menses since 15, after consuming hormones tablet to prolong my menses once due to water activities at camp.

Since then, ive been having either having prolong excessive bleeding (which includes jelly blood cloths) discharge or having prolong bleeding for months (max 3months +) with spottings in between.

Had blood transfusion once because blood level went below 5.

Been to the gyn, had hormone therapy twice a couple of years back, menses became slightly regular but didn't exactly helped.

Had ultrasound, had results of cyst/fibroids present in body but was soon ''missing' after the next month's followup ultrasound (which was assumed that it has been discharged).

Would like to seek professional advise if possible on what could i do other than going through hormone therapy?

Anon_6061 responded:
It can take some trial and error to find the hormonal treatment that regulates everything. But, it's possible you have an underlying condition such as a clotting disorder (von Willebrand is one of the most commone ones) or an endocrine (thyroid or pituitary) disorder. You may want to see your primary care doctor for some testing to rule out these types of problems. Good luck!

Helpful Tips

suggestion
hi. i have dealt with the same issues discussed. i have dealt with pelvic congestion for 5 years. i just wanted to recommend going to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.