Skip to content
Period in the middle of birth control pack?? Help!
An_253070 posted:
I've been on birth control since I was 17, a little over 6 years. I was always on Levorea and had no problems. A few months ago when I went to pick it up (I go to Planned Parenthood) they said they had switched to another brand called Chatel that was the exact same thing only cheaper for them to get, therefore cheaper for patients. I was a bit skeptical but they assured me it was the same.

Then, a couple of months ago I started getting breakouts between my nose and lips and on my chin and they will NOT go away!!! I've NEVER had a problem with breakouts so needless to say I am not happy about it, I thought I had been lucky enough to miss out on that part of life.. I could deal with that part of it, but then yesterday I started bleeding. I've never had any issues with spotting but I assumed that's what it was and it's my understanding that that is pretty normal at times so I wasn't very worried... Until today.. Today it is a full blown period (which I usually skip a few months at a time) and I am in the middle of a pack of pills.

I am very diligent when taking them, never more than an hour away from being at the same time daily and have not missed one. However, I have also been losing a bit of weight, about 10 pounds in a month. No chemical diets or crazy things just eating healthy and cutting out soda and caffeine mainly. Could this new birth control be the reason my face is breaking out and for this bleeding? Or could it have something to do with me changing my eating habits? (I wouldn't think so since I've changed them for the better) Or is this a sign that there is something seriously wrong and I need to go to a doctor?? What would cause a period when you're consistently on the pill?? Thank you in advance for you advice!

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.