Skip to content
Perenium burning feeling
An_253134 posted:
Hi, The past 10 days I have been dealing with pain on my perenium. It burns when I wipe it but it has gotten smaller since i stopped wiping and started using a squirt water bottle. Now I have the strand of Hpv which is inside but ive never had any bumps or anything like that. I noticed the pain started when I was using a loofa down there with a new body wash I bought. I kind of wiped myself hard and it seemed as though it was raw and sore after. I also shaved down there but didnt touch the area with the razor.It is not a bump but it does hurt when I stretch the skin in that area. I also put some polysporin on it as a topical solution and airing it out. Ive taken pictures to get a better look and it is red with white around it but still sore to touch. Im just wondering if I chaffed it or scratched some skin off because it is like a scraping burning feeling and it hurt to sit on the toilet for the last week until I stopped wiping and just pat dry it. Do you think it is a std, yeast infection or just an abrasion of some sort? I also have missed my period this past month with spotting the past week. I've just recently lost some weight and had swollen glands on my tonsils. I have had pain on the perenium before like this, which I thought could have been scratched or from wiping to hard or a hemmoroid (thank god it was not) What should I do? Is polysporin ok to help heal it or do you think it is a yeast infection or vaginitis? My fiance has a large penis and maybe it tore? I have two children and had to get an episiotomy with the first one. Please let me know what you think it might be, I am seeing a doctor about it in ten days but if you would like to see a picture I would be able to send it. Thanks any info would ease my mind.

Take the Poll

Have you ever wiped too hard and chaffed your perenium ?
  • yes
  • no
vote
View Poll Results

georgiagail responded:
This is a tender area and, unfortunately, it's also an often warm and moist area so any irritation might take a bit longer to heal.

Exposure to air might help (i.e., perhaps sleeping nude might speed the process).

If it also itches and then burns like the dickens when scratched, consider a fungal skin (i.e., yeast) infection; pretty common in the summer. Creams for athletes foot, "jock itch" will help cure this although it may take several weeks of use to cure. I'd suggest not using the sprays as they burn like the dickens!

Gail

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.