Skip to content
thyroid problems?
newgirl2010 posted:
As a part of a general physical, I had my thyroid checked via blood draw (about a month or more ago). It was normal. At my dentist visit today, the dentist noted that i had a pronounced thyroid...but said it was probably just because I was very thin and had a longish neck. now i am nervous. If my blood test came out normal, could I still have something wrong with my thyroid? and is it true some people have more pronounced thyroids, and that doesn't mean there is a problem?

georgiagail responded:
If your blood test is normal, your thyroid is normal.

Gail

newgirl2010 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you, Gail. But is it possible to have a tumor or nodule on my thyroid (either benign or malignant) that may not affect my thyroid tests, but is obviously cause for concern?

Anon_6061 replied to newgirl2010's response:
Yes, you can have a tumor, nodule, goiter on your thyroid and still have a normal TSH and other non-antibody thyroid levels.

Do you know if your doctor included thyroid antibody tests in your labwork? Those typically indicate if you have a growth. This link explains that - http://thyroid.about.com/cs/basics_starthere/a/antibody.htm . This article has a lot of info on thyroid problems - http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/hypothyroidism/print.html

Helpful Tips

irregular periods
am 21 yrs old & have had a fairly normal period since i was 10. i recently had a menstrual cycle for 9 days, while i also had a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.