Skip to content
Concerned
TriciaC1870 posted:
Hi Jane, I am 43 yrs old and I got my period, well it is spotty and this is my second day, (always was my heaviest). This is the first time this ever happened! Though I have been experiencing nausea, and sore boobs and the normal menstrual cramps. I have always had a normal flow up until now. I am sexually active and do not use protection with my husband. He does ( i am going to be blunt), pull out. Can this be a sign of pregnancy or something else?

georgiagail responded:
Periods can change, especially as we get older.

If you believe that this spotting might represent a pregnancy then the easiest answer is to take a home pregnancy test. They are very accurate.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.