Skip to content
Breast soreness for three weeks
An_253252 posted:
I am curious to find out what could be causing my breasts to be sore for so long. It has been three weeks and no releaf..I had a hystorec a few yrs ago but still have my ovaries. This is the longest they have been sore even my fiancee is starting to get concerned since while entimate I don't allow for touching the girls since they hurt so bad.

reba1967 responded:
Hi..sadly to say...i have the same problem, its so painful..i have had so much blood work done and even my thyroid..drs cant figure out what is wrong..i do believe its just the change in life...if you find out anything plz let us know...ty

sabs10 replied to reba1967's response:
Hi.....I have had the same problem on and off. I am in my early 40s and have realised this is happening due to hormonal imbalance.....especially when my Progesterone levels go low in the second half of the month after my periods. This can only be verified and treated by a doctor.

mcquaidnancy replied to sabs10's response:
It is really unfortunate. It is a fibrocystic condition that can be caused by fluctuating hormones. I was plagued with this condition at the time of puberty at the age of eleven and just thought that it was due breast development and it was normal. However, as it continued for several years, I seeked the advice of a physician in my later teens. Many tests were run with no real conclusion except that my breasts had vast amounts of cysts and several medications were tried to help the debilitating pain.....so severe that I could not even walk across the floor without discomfort....it basically restricted/ruined everything in my life. I did not have relief until I had my TAH in 2008 which was 40 years later. Good luck, ladies. I do hope they have some new developments for this condition.

Anon_6061 responded:
Some women get relief by taking evening primrose oil. Here are a couple of links:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibrocystic-breasts/DS01070/DSECTION=alternative-medicine
http://www.empowher.com/breast-cancer/content/breast-cancer-awareness-month-and-dense-breasts

Helpful Tips

periods
why is my blood dark at the beginning of my period ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.