bleeding during sex and other yucky symptoms
vtac1723 posted:
Hi I have been married for 11 years. I recently started having bv out of nowhere. I went to my ob and she prescribed me flagyl. I took it, it cleared it up, however the following month after my period it was back. I took yet another 7 days of flagyl. It went away same thing next month. I stated noticing and documenting everything. It started during ovulation and continued a few days after my period stopped. Off and on during those days I struggled with odor and discharge. I went back to see another doc who was totally againist flagyl because of all the other problems it causes. I bought some vaginal ph balancer and started to take sugar and coke-a-cola out of my diet and noticed a correlation with that however it did not fully go away...it always gets bad during my week of ovulation. however, I have nto been back to the doc and now I have additional symptoms and not sure if they are related or not. I have terrible leg pain, I am retaining water very bad in my joints- to the point that sometimes in the mornings I can not bend my fingers. Mlegs hurt so bad at night it keeps me up or wakes me from sleep. I continue to have abdominal pain during sex. For the past 2 months the few days after ovualtion I bleed really bad during sex with bright red blood...to the point I have thought I have started my period. My lower abdominal area is sore when mashed on. Sex itself is not painful in my vaginal area, I feel pressure and bloating in my abdominal area though, this never really goes away either. I always feel a heavy bloated feeling. All of this was so sudden, I had never had a baterial infection before in my life.

georgiagail responded:
Wouldn't it be a good idea to go back to your physician with these additional, serious symptoms?

Gail

vtac1723 replied to georgiagail's response:
I have an appointment set for mid September due to my doc being out on maternity leave. Every time I have been to the doc regarding this and I have concerns it is an underlying more serious problem I am not taken seriously due to my age(32). I recently found out my paternal grandmother died of ovarian cancer when my dad was 15.