Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
bleeding during sex and other yucky symptoms
vtac1723 posted:
Hi I have been married for 11 years. I recently started having bv out of nowhere. I went to my ob and she prescribed me flagyl. I took it, it cleared it up, however the following month after my period it was back. I took yet another 7 days of flagyl. It went away same thing next month. I stated noticing and documenting everything. It started during ovulation and continued a few days after my period stopped. Off and on during those days I struggled with odor and discharge. I went back to see another doc who was totally againist flagyl because of all the other problems it causes. I bought some vaginal ph balancer and started to take sugar and coke-a-cola out of my diet and noticed a correlation with that however it did not fully go away...it always gets bad during my week of ovulation. however, I have nto been back to the doc and now I have additional symptoms and not sure if they are related or not. I have terrible leg pain, I am retaining water very bad in my joints- to the point that sometimes in the mornings I can not bend my fingers. Mlegs hurt so bad at night it keeps me up or wakes me from sleep. I continue to have abdominal pain during sex. For the past 2 months the few days after ovualtion I bleed really bad during sex with bright red blood...to the point I have thought I have started my period. My lower abdominal area is sore when mashed on. Sex itself is not painful in my vaginal area, I feel pressure and bloating in my abdominal area though, this never really goes away either. I always feel a heavy bloated feeling. All of this was so sudden, I had never had a baterial infection before in my life.

georgiagail responded:
Wouldn't it be a good idea to go back to your physician with these additional, serious symptoms?

Gail

vtac1723 replied to georgiagail's response:
I have an appointment set for mid September due to my doc being out on maternity leave. Every time I have been to the doc regarding this and I have concerns it is an underlying more serious problem I am not taken seriously due to my age(32). I recently found out my paternal grandmother died of ovarian cancer when my dad was 15.

Helpful Tips

Spotting
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.