Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is this really a yeast infection?
An_253259 posted:
I'm a 25 year old sexually active male. My sexual partner, a 26 year old female was a virgin we we started having intercourse a few months ago. When we started sleeping together she essentially had no vaginal odor, however shortly afterwords an unpleasant odor developed, she noticed irritation and was diagnosed with a yeast infection. She treated it, but the odor persists, is worse at times, and she has had other yeast infections since. My previous sexual partner was also diagnosed with multiple yeast infections and treated them, but the symptoms never stayed gone long. I have not experienced any symptoms of any sort. Not pain or discharge, or skin irritation. We both shower daily, consume very few carbohydrates and minimal amounts of yeast. Could I be causing this? Is it only coincidence? Is the problem really a yeast infection or should we be getting a second opinion/further testing?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Have you been tested for any yeast infections? It's possible you have it and just keep giving it to her.

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.