Skip to content
help im freaking oout
An_253363 posted:
im a 24 year old girl and I am having some weird symptoms and im freaking out !! I am having cramps so bad after having sex and I bleed for about an hour after everytime and I get really nauseous right after sex? what is causing this I haven't had a std test or pap smear in awhile but I do have a period disorder the doc told me
georgiagail responded:
Wouldn't it be a good idea to get a Pap smear or perhaps some STD testing (especially if your sexual intercourse has been unprotected) to rule out problems associated with these problems?

newgirl2010 responded:
What is the period disorder? I assume your gyno has checked the anatomy of your uterus and ovaries to make sure there is nothing wrong there--such as a twisted follopian tube or ovary.

Endometriosis can cause pain and cramping during intercourse. I think due to your age and sexual activity--regardless of symptoms an annual gyno exam is in order. you can request a complete std work-up at that time as well. When you call, I would express urgency in getting in to see someone.

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.