Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help, please
An_253372 posted:
I'm a 19 year old female and when I was about 15/16 my nipples started sort of peeling I guess? So they like changed color ( they used to be brown), so currently, a majority of my nipples are pink, but the very outer part is brown still (kind of like an outline). I don't know if this is something serious? I've never gotten it checked because I'm nervous about what it might be. I'm really self conscious about them. Does anyone know what this might be? Or has anyone else experienced something similar?

newgirl2010 responded:
Are you talking just about the nipple itself or the area around the nipple (areola) changing color?

Are you on hormonal birth control?
hormones can certainly play a role in breast changes (generally speaking). In pregnancy, women's nipples/areolas almost always get darker, for example.

the peeling...could that be chaffing from your bra fabric?

at 19 women would typically see a gynocologist for yearly exams--especially if they are sexually active. perhaps bring it up then?

An_253372 replied to newgirl2010's response:
Yes, I mean the areola. And no, I'm not on any birth control, and I'm not pregnant. Any ideas still?

Anon_5366 replied to An_253372's response:
You need to ask your doctor where you will not worry.

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.