Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
3weeks late, what could be wrong?
An_253492 posted:
I am 3 weeks late, thought pregnancy was possible so i have taken a couple pregnancy test both said negative. i have read some people only show on blood test but i dont know. What else could be wrong? Could it be serious?

IFeelLikeAWoman responded:
My period has been more than 3 weeks late before. Ive actually missed my period one month and had it the next. This is because I have problems with a lot of stress and anxiety. If you are under a lot of STRESS it can prevent you from having your period. Stress is actually a main factor in a lot of health issues.
Are you taking birth control? When I first started birth control it through my cycle out of wack. After the first year or two my cycle went back to normal after taking birth control at precise times during the day.
Also are you eating a healthy diet? Maintaining a good weight? People can sometimes STOP having their period if they are to under weight or malnourished. Your body will not give up that waste if it needs to use it. Its important to eat enough.
Also if you are really worried go to a doctor and have them do some tests. But check your emotional and physical balances first and try to fix those problems and see if your period comes around next month.
Hope that helps,
(Really try to calm down and not worry so much, worrying isnt going to fix anything and actually may be stressing you out so much preventing your period. Take a deep breath and whatever happens happens and it will all work out . Dont think the worst cause it most likely isnt . )

diseasefighter responded:
hi, please don't worry about it too much. your delayed menses might be caused by endocrine disorder. you should try to take care of you health and do some exercises.

Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.