Skip to content
abnomal&unusual period
jazzygirl81 posted:
hi, i just turned 32. my menstrual cycle had been normal all up until july... my concern is that on july9 i passed out for a few seconds. my mind and my bf at the time thought i was pregnant but thenstarted to spot about a few days later for 2days then my period was suppose to come but showed up 2 wks late on august 6 for 4 days not heavy at all... then two weeks later on the 23rd of august it came again. again it was light not heavy at all and it was for 3 days today is sept 13 and im on my period again i have been on it for 3 days now but this time its heavy not light. i am very concerned to find out what is going on with m y body.
can anyone have any potential answers for me???

georgiagail responded:
It is unlikely all this bleeding is due to menstrual periods. For some reason, you are having abnormal vaginal bleeding.

This needs to be looked into medically. Please make an appointment with your gynecologist. They will likely order some tests to rule out issues such as uterine fibroids (or more serious tumor issues) as a potential cause for this bleeding.

Gail

newgirl2010 responded:
also, were you taking hormonal birth control during the time your period was "normal." going off the pill can cause some irregular bleeding until you normalize again and/or if you were never regular to start with (pre-pill) you likely won't be normal post-pill.

Helpful Tips

Missed period...I have an iud(Paragaurd)
Hi just need some advice, my LMP was at the end of october and i havent had another period since. I also have the Paragaurd IUD. It really ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.