Skip to content
Spotting...
TioraHarshe posted:
I have been spotting for about 3 months now and I have some pregnancy symptoms such as headaches, nausea, frequent urination and pressure in my lower abdomen. I have a family history of endometriosis and I am not sure if I have that or not. Also, I have irregular periods. I have no way into my doctor as of right now. If someone could possibly help me I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance." class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>">

Take the Poll

" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left:
vote
View Poll Results

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Have you taken a pregnancy test to rule that out?

newgirl2010 responded:
are you on hormonal birth control? that can cause spotting. Not sure what you mean when you say you have no way into your doctor right now...he/she can't get you in? try another doctor and stress that it is urgent. Is it financial? depending on where you live, there are low cost women's reproductive health care options available--such as Planned Parenthood.

taking a pregnancy test 3 weeks after your last unprotected encounter should be accurate. test again at 4 weeks if you are still concerned about pregnancy.

TioraHarshe replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I have a pregnancy test but I haven't taken it yet. Didn't know if I could while spotting.

TioraHarshe replied to newgirl2010's response:
I am not on any type of birth control. I stopped taking it over 2 years ago. The reason I cannot get into the doctor is because I have no way in. My car broke down and it needs to be fixed. So that's why I can't fwr in.

tlkittycat1968 replied to TioraHarshe's response:
Bleeding/spotting won't affect a pregnancy test.

TioraHarshe replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Well I took the test and it came out negative but the negative line was really light.

fcl replied to TioraHarshe's response:
I've never seen a pregnancy test with a negative line before ... However, pregnancy tests check for a hormone that is present only if you are pregnant. So if the positive indicator shows, then you're pregnant. Tests don't test if you're NOT pregnant (if you see what I mean) so a negative line is of no importance).

Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.