Skip to content
Spotting during pregancy
sksupply posted:

I was born in 1971 and recently my mother told me she was spotting while pregnant with me so she went to the doctor to see what was wrong. The doctor gave her a shot and told her these words, "This can stop the bleeding but you may lose the baby." In other words, the shot may have killed me.So, my question is what would this should have been called in the early 70s and what are some side effects for the fetus as I have some neurological problems. Thanks.
georgiagail responded:
I suspect that what the physician meant is that whatever he gave your mother may have stopped her bleeding but if she were going to miscarry it would do nothing to stop this from happening, NOT that the injection would have killed you.

At any rate, it is impossible for this internet forum to know what this injection was that your mother received over 40 years ago.


Helpful Tips

Keep Searching
Joanna, I just wanted to add my own experience of endometriosis. My period began about 2 months before my 16th birthday - yes very late. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.