Skip to content
birth control and time zones and another random question
newgirl2010 posted:
Hello,
Currently, I take my birth control at 6 pm at night (orthotricyclen lo). I will be traveling to London (which is six hours ahead of me). I believe that is correct (I am central time). Well, I prefer not to take my bc at midnight while i am there. I just started my new pack yesterday, could i start taking my bc at 4 pm now so in a couple of weeks, I would be taking my bc at 10 pm (which i am much more likely to be awake for). This doesn't seem like it would be a problem since 1.) i just started my new pack, and 2) I am moving my pill taking time up, not delaying it.

Okay, question two (not gyno related--but baby related). my nearly 18-month year old child tripped and split his bottom lip on saturday. I used a cool wash cloth is stop the bleeding, and then I put him down with a bottle of formula (yes, he should be off bottles completely, but it was for comfort). no further bleeding, no problems eating. he has a yellowish scar developing that appears normal. If the bleeding hadn't ended so quickly--within minutes, I would have considered bringing him to the doctor for possible stitches. but now i am second guessing myself. I fear he will be permanently disfigured.

Note: I did alert daycare of the scar formation, so they are careful not to disrupt it during wiping his face after snacks and lunch.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You should be okay with your birth control. You have a 12 hour window to take it so you don't even have to adjust the time before you leave, you can just start taking it at the time you want when you get there.

Your son should be fine. DS fell off our recliner and split his lip and has no scar. The only time they worry about scars is when the injury is actually on the face.

newgirl2010 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
thank you for your response (especially regarding your DS). It is so difficult to protect them from everything, especially when he can trip really on his own feet!

Helpful Tips

Weight loss after pregnancy
I had baby number 2 6 months ago and still cannot lose any pregnancy weight. I read hints and tips on the Internet but it is all ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.