Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Period Jump Start
    kellyrp posted:
    I have experienced vaginal bleeding since my last period last month. It has only been light & 2 pregnancy tests later, I am not pregnant. I am curious as to the effects of the Plan B pill. Will this jump start my period? I am & my husband is ready for me to quit bleeding!! I use an IUD for birth control & am not concerned that I am pregnant. Just desprate to quit bleeding!! Please give me your thoughts.

    Take the Poll

    Effective methods to jump start a miossed period when pregnancy is not present?
    • all
    • messgaes
    View Poll Results
    georgiagail responded:
    Have you considered making an appointment with your gynecologist to get this abnormal vaginal bleeding looked into medically?

    And no, Plan B will not jump start your period, although it seems starting bleeding again with menstruation would seem to be the last thing you'd like to do right now.


    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Expert Blog

    Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

    From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.