Skip to content
Spotting but no period
An_253808 posted:
I have had spotting for four days but no period. I am extremely worried since I've never missed a period before. I am definitely not pregnant. Ever since I stopped taking birth control four years ago, I have had spotting for three or four days before my period and then bleeding for 4 or 5 others days. The first two days of bleeding are heavy but the rest are quite light. My cycles vary from 27 days to 34. The past two months, I've had very short cycles of 25 and 26 days. This cycle involved only four days of spotting. I also had a terrible migraine during the spotting a low grade fever. The migraine and fever are now gone but I do not have a period. I am 31 years old. My annual exam was two weeks ago and my pap smear was normal. My gyn didn't seem to have any concerns.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You may have not ovulated and no ovulation usually means no period. It's common and will happen to most women at least once during their reproductive years.

Helpful Tips

Keep Searching
Joanna, I just wanted to add my own experience of endometriosis. My period began about 2 months before my 16th birthday - yes very late. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.