Skip to content
my mom
An_253825 posted:
my mom is 60 and has not had a period in 8 years and is now having one is that normal
tlkittycat1968 responded:
No, that is not normal. She needs to see her doctor to find the reason for the abnormal vaginal bleeding.
Anon_6061 responded:
Yes, she needs to have this checked out. But thankfully, most cases of post-menopausal bleeding are nothing earth-shattering. Someone posted here recently that she went 6-1/2 years without a period and then had 4 bleeding episodes in 2 months. But the cause was just some fibroids (benign growths) which don't require treatment.

These links have a bit of info and may help allay your fears. Hoping your mom falls into the majority and this is nothing serious.

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.