Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I think my period is an unhealthy one
kirbygirl31 posted:
So every month for the first two days of my period I can not function. Literally can not do anything. My cramps are so aggressive that I can feel the wave and ripple through my belly. Than I can not keep anything down no liquid or solid. I'm so drained that I can barely move. All I can do is lay in the fetal position. I'm not a baby about things either I worked 12 hour days while unbeknownst to me my kidneys and liver were shutting down. So I can handle allot. But not this I can't live like this much more what could be causing this reaction?

georgiagail responded:
There are quite a few women who find the first day or two of their menstrual period quite rough. Sometimes going on birth control pills helps with these symptoms. Sometimes OTC or prescription pain medication does.

Have you discussed any of these options with your gynecologist?

Gail

kirbygirl31 replied to georgiagail's response:
I have been trying to get into see my woman's health doctor with the VA hospital. But trying to get an appointment is like trying to pull teeth. But I intend to. I just can not take it anymore, and besides that I hate to take a day from work because of this. My boss thinks it is Endometriosis. He is pretty understanding and we just call it my day off lol. But I have had enough!

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.