Skip to content
Fertility question
nic14120 posted:
Hi! I am a 35 yr old female. I have a history of PCOS and Hypothyrodism. My thyroid is currently under adj with meds because I am up and down for the last 4 labs. My PCOS has seem to be ok as I have had a period every 30 days for a good while now. My last child was born .3/2011. We are looking to start to conceive our 3rd child. I am going to see the OB on Mon to discuss my fertility. I was curious though- last Jan, and the Nov before that, at my annual visits, they have done a procedure where they go thru my cervix to my uterus and suck out tissue of my uterus to test the tissue. both times I was told it was healthy tissue. I am wondering if this procedure is known to create scar tissue from the sucking it does? Can it impact my fertility? I have had a good 8-9 periods since the last test. My husband is finally on board for another, and I am anxious and hoping this does not impact my chances, esp seeing as I have PCOS and issues with my thyroid already!! and am 35! THank you!

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.