Skip to content
Confused
suewho posted:
Hi all,

I am so confused, I had a full hysterectomy 6 years ago because I had cancer of the womb.

I have been going back to my gp for yearly vault smears but 6 months ago there were borderline changes, got another test last month and was told that because I had two tests that came back I have to have a colposcopy.

Went for this today and doc says cannot have this test, cannnot have the treatment as I dont have a cervix. She also told me that I should of been brought back to my gynecologist every year for a check but was never called. Think this maybe cos he retired and there has been several replacements since, and I just got lost in the system.

So I was sent for a test I cannot have, discussed a treatment I cannot have and not called for exams I should of had annually.

Needless to say I have concerns about the competence of our health system and whether I am ok or not.

georgiagail responded:
A colposcopy is done on a cervix. You no longer have a cervix. Have your gynecological follow ups down by a gynecologist and not a General Practitioner and you should have a clearer understanding of what is going on with you.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.