Skip to content
I have been bleeding for over a month
thefatdiplomat posted:
On average, I have a 9 day period every two to three months. The last doctor I visited said this was perfectly normal for someone my age, size, and level of activity and that I should really only worry if I start having periods really close together.

Well, in September, I had a twelve day period. For two weeks after, I spotted with some pretty gross clots. Then I started a second full period. It has been going on for two weeks now.

I don't know if I should be worried and because I don't have insurance, I'm leery about going to the doctor for something that might be nothing. Any advice?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Bleeding for over a month is not nothing and should be checked out by a doctor.

Helpful Tips

itching
several years ago I had this same problem...intense itching in the vaginal area, but no discharge or odor. I saw several doctors who said i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.