Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
In significant pain.
An_254028 posted:
48 y.o. Non-smoker, hysterectomy approximately 10 years ago. Doctor kept right ovary for estrogen production. Appendix has been removed, recent CT scan in the ER showed no reasons for pain.

On the right side I am having pain that feels like it did when I had endometrosis before the hysterectomy. It is bad enough that I am unable to work.

Anon_6061 responded:
It's possible that the pain could be from endo and, as you probably know, the endo would not show up on a CT scan.

smjpain responded:
It most likely is endometriosis I am 29 I had a Total Hysterectomy even my Cervix is gone but because my Endo was so severe my Doctor said he couldn't get every single endo cell and last year I had the same problem ER CT stuff all normal until my GYN ordered an MRI and found tons of endo adhesions removed them last year and once again Tommrow I find out if I have to have surgery again. Please ask your doctor for an MRI I was only 27 when I had my Hysterectomy it was the best choice ever even though I have had endo again but it's not as bad as before. I went years arguing with GYN's and other Docs and many trips to the ER but finally I found an amazing GYN he saved my life this year he also found me a really amazing women Urgyncologyst who fixed my bladder leaking with a sling my bladder was almost falling out of my vagina. I also went years with out a period just severe cramping to the point I couldn't go to school lots of time spent in the er hooked up to IV pain meds. Plus many thousands of UTI's and Yeast infections which still live inside me and MRSA I have had a total of 9 surgeries two this summer the lift then the Urogynecologyst had to do a sec.surgery a month later because the sling was to tight so I had a cath in me for 6wks and had a to losen the sling. Let me know if you need someone to talk to

ajfaull replied to smjpain's response:
Thanks for your words...I have an appointment tomorrow with my regular doctor, will bring it up to him. I understand the pain and unable to function. I had problems for many years until I got married had some decent insurance and seen an obgyn, I loved her after the third surgery.

I didn't think about the UTI infections have been recurring lately, so thanks for reminding me.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

dealing with anxiety and bipolor episodes
dont know how to cope with issues of everyday life without wanting to cry, or break down in depression, its addecting my marriage what can ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.