Skip to content
Need advice
ashleybarber13 posted:
About 6 months ago I had my first abnormal pap smear after years of ovarian cysts. After a biopsy on 3 different areas of my cervix I was told I had moderate dysplasia. My family has a history of cervical cancer. Recently I have been expierncing breakthrough bleeding while on my cycle of birth control pills but no period while taking the placebo pills. Should I contact my doctor regarding this.

georgiagail responded:
What type of follow up did your physician recommend regarding the moderate dysplasia? You can certainly contact them regarding this breakthrough bleeding but keep in mind that if the dysplasia had worsened it is likely you would be bleeding all the time.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Thickened endometrial lining
Hi I am 52, stopped my periods 5 months ago - assumed menopause, feeling very bloated for the past 3 months - doc ordered hormone test - ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.