Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hysterectomy pain
patme1436 posted:
I had a hysterectomy 3 wks ago. I had severe swelling in my stomach, which hangs down like it did not prior. My incision is almost closed. The surgeon tried robotically, but i have too much scarring and she had to open me up. I am taking 2.5 Vicoden every 4 hrs so I can walk around some. Is asking for another 5mg Vicoden to have 2.5 out of the question? I do not want to be treated as if I'm a drug seeker. I have a high pain tolerance and rarely use over the counter pain meds. .

Anon_6061 responded:
I don't know much about dosages of Vicoden but it seems concerning that your pain is that bad 3 weeks post-op. I had very little pain after my hysterectomy. Of course, pain intensity and duration depends on your pain tolerance as well as what all was done during surgery. So maybe 3 weeks isn't all that much out of the ordinary.

You should contact your doctor. If you can't wait until tomorrow, you can contact his/her answering service.

Anon_6061 responded:
Were you able to talk to your surgeon about this pain?

snowie33 replied to Anon_6061's response:
wanted to know can a tubal ligation be reversed!

tlkittycat1968 replied to snowie33's response:
Yes, they can be reversed.

patme1436 replied to Anon_6061's response:
Thank you for your response. I've talked with the surgeon's
nurse. She said the pain is typical. I have an app't on Monday. I'm
down to 2.5 vicoden with 2 ibuprofen.
I'm so bored sitting around, but when I walk two blocks I get
sore.

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.