Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Early period?
jallison91 posted:
I'm 22 years old, a virgin, and not on birth control or any other daily medication except allergy pills. Ever since I was a teenager my periods have been very regular with the exception of a couple of times under extreme stress. My cycle is every 27 days.

At the beginning of this month, I got a gym membership and have since changed my diet and started exercising 4-5 times a week, whereas I was not exercising at all before and eating whatever I wanted. My last period was 18 days ago and I just started bleeding again today.

Is this normal considering my changes in diet and exercise, or should I be worried or see a doctor? I have never had spotting between periods in my life so I doubt it's that, I think it's just an actual early start to my period but I am never this early.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
No, this is not normal. Skipping periods is common but early bleeding is not. I'd call your doctor and see what they say.

Helpful Tips

Grandma all ready
Hi, I'm 57 years old and have 8 grand kids. I am bleeding pretty heavy, kid of like a period. I had a complete hysterectomy in 1978. What ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.