Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Early period?
    jallison91 posted:
    I'm 22 years old, a virgin, and not on birth control or any other daily medication except allergy pills. Ever since I was a teenager my periods have been very regular with the exception of a couple of times under extreme stress. My cycle is every 27 days.

At the beginning of this month, I got a gym membership and have since changed my diet and started exercising 4-5 times a week, whereas I was not exercising at all before and eating whatever I wanted. My last period was 18 days ago and I just started bleeding again today.

Is this normal considering my changes in diet and exercise, or should I be worried or see a doctor? I have never had spotting between periods in my life so I doubt it's that, I think it's just an actual early start to my period but I am never this early.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
    No, this is not normal. Skipping periods is common but early bleeding is not. I'd call your doctor and see what they say.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.