Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Menstration
An_254131 posted:
I have had 5 c-sections, the last one had a lot of problems bleeding at the end of the surgery. Now that I have started to have periods again, they take for ever to end. They are not heavy, it takes about 10 days to stop the bleeding. During this time I have days where I'm not bleeding. Is something wrong that my body feels like the blood gets stuck. I have also had a esure procedure to block my fallopian tubes.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Are you full on bleeding some days or is it spotting? My period lasts 3 days but I have 2-3 days of spotting afterward.

help12help replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I stop bleeding a day than bleed again and repeat the pattern, but with penetration there is still alot of blood inside of me. I feel that my body is not doing what is should to get the blood oout.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 100 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.