Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
23yr old with breast issues, never been pregnant
An_254235 posted:
I'm 23 yrs old.
I have been having breast pain since about May. They ache all day, and are tender to touch on the outer edges. Sometimes if I squeeze them, little beads of white/clear/greenish-brown will secrete. The doctor did some blood work and my prolactin levels were high. I was ordered an MRI of the pituitary gland, which came back negative. Then I had to get a Mammogram and Sonogram done, which came out fine also. I don't drink pop at all, and my only caffeine intake is a cup of coffee in the mornings. I have been on the same birth control for years.

anyone have some insight? please and thank you.

darlyn05 responded:
Have you ever had children? I would request that your Dr do an ultrasound of your breast(s). Some things do not show up on mammograms. Also, request that your Dr do a 'smear' of the discharge/secretion to look for any abnormal cells.

Anon_475 responded:
Do you have a new boyfriend? If so, is he a breast man? Intense breast stimulation can cause lactation ...

Anon_475 replied to darlyn05's response:
Darlyn, she said that she had never been pregnant and also that she had had a sonogram done to answer 2 of your questions.

darlyn05 replied to Anon_475's response:
Thanx! Didn't read title clearly and missed Sonogram in text. If the color is other than somewhat clear, milky my Dr's found abnormal cells. Thanx for clarifying.

kennataylor responded:
I did have an ultrasound/sonogram. Dr said my mammogram was "very busy" because I am so young, but nothing abnormal.
Both gyno & family doctor did not sample the discharge.
No, not a new boyfriend.
I'm wondering maybe if it's something hormonal because of the mentioned issue, but weight gain (haven't changed excercise or dieting), daily headaches, lack of libido. Been on the same birth control for years.
But, WHY would it just start all of a sudden?
This is a scary thing for a 23yr old

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.