Pregnant immediately after mirena fell out?....
An_254250 posted:
I knew my 5 year mark was coming up soon for my Mirena expiration but wasn't sure exactly when it was. I never got a real period (besides spotting) with the Mirena. Thursday morning I started bleeding slightly but it went away Friday morning. That Friday November, 1st, my husband and I had unprotected sex, as well as the morning of Saturday November 2nd. Saturday I started getting a little more spotting and Sunday my Mirena ended up falling out. I had heard that unprotected sex before Mirena removal could result in pregnancy because sperm can live up to 5-7 days. I took an ovulation test on Monday just to be sure I wouldn't run the risk of being pregnant.... and it turns out I was ovulating. After that, I called my OBGYN to find out when my Mirena would expire and it turns out it did expire the Thursday before. What are my chances that pregnancy will occur from this?

fcl responded:
Yes, there's a chance of pregnancy but, if you don't want to be pregnant, it's not too late to use Plan B. Yes, it's most effective in the 3 days that follow intercourse but it can still be effective up to 7 days after intercourse. Rather than wait and see (assuming you don't want to be pregnant) why not give it a try?

An_254250 replied to fcl's response:
We're okay with being pregnant, just wasn't "perfect" timing. How long from the time of intercourse will I know if I am or not? This is my first rodeo! Ha!

tlkittycat1968 replied to An_254250's response:
Wait at least two weeks then take a test.