Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Joint pain in fingers
An_254367 posted:
I am 48 years. Recently I have noticed I get joint pains in my fingers after washing clothes with my fingers and I find it a little difficult to clench my hands. It disappears after some days. It does not happen when I wash plates. Can anyone please explain this? And what is the remedy?

sam1985 responded:
Finger pain can be caused by disease or injury affecting any of the structures in the finger including the bones, muscles, joints, tendons, blood vessels, or connective tissues.

vegeen replied to sam1985's response:
Thanks Sam. I was afraid it is some aging symptom because it's never happened before until now.

georgiagail replied to vegeen's response:
Well yes, it may also be connected with growing older. And certainly if you've had a previous injury years back.

Gail

hise1973 responded:
You could be having some signs of arthritis. However, let your doctor check it so you can get the right medications. If you are indeed positive with arthritis, there are medications available to give you relief. One of the most popular treatment is celebrex. A detailed info is given here: http://www.50somethingmoms.com/articles/celebrex-generic-as-a-treatment-for-osteoarthritis.html

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.