Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Prolonged and heavy bleeding
vanitygrl1408 posted:
I am only 23 and had my first period when I was 8. In 2011 i bled for 6 months straight, no stopping. I went through 2 boxes of tampons every 2 days. I passed blood clots the size of my fist every time I peed. I would look down and the toilet appered to be full of blood. I had no pain and no cramps. I stood up, and it would literally gush out of me like a fawcett. After that, I had regular periods that the bleeding lasted a little longer, until now where I have bled for 5 1/2 months, with the same symptoms. I need help. I don't know what to do.

georgiagail responded:
Have you considered getting checked out medically by a Gynecologist?

Gail

vanitygrl1408 replied to georgiagail's response:
I have been checked before. When it happened in 2011. She put me on BC pills to help regulate it, but that is no longer working. I don't really have the money to go again right now. Just feeling a little frazzled

fcl replied to vanitygrl1408's response:
Frankly, the only thing you CAN do is go back to your doctor and get appropriate treatment. She may be willing to work out a pay plan with you. Consider how much money you are spending on tampons. Consider the misery of constant bleeding. Consider the fact that the blood loss has probably made you anemic. There are some very good reasons to make an appointment today.

Helpful Tips

birth control pills and gelatin-like clots
I started taking birth control pills because I had an ovarian cyst that made periods painful. Now when I'm on my periods, I will go to the ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 73 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.