Skip to content
Burning in perineal skin
An_254460 posted:
I took antibiotics a few weeks ago because of an ear infection. As an result I think I developed a yeast infection because it happened the last time I took antibiotics and I have had yeast infections before. Even though I know I was supposed to, I had sex while I still had the infection. It caused a really bad burning sensation afterward, but I thought it would go away. It did for a couple days, but now it is back and my perennial skin near my vagina burns when I urinate or when touched. I started taking medicine to get rid of the yeast infection yesterday, but I don't think it will help the burning sensation I have. I researched this online and herpes keeps coming up, but I don't see any actual sores. What is this and what can I do to get rid of the burning sensation?

hise1973 responded:
One of the factors that trigger yeast infection is taking antibiotics because the medication can kill the good bacteria, along with the bad bacteria, which protects your vagina from yeast. The burning sensations you feel are all manifestations from the infection. The only thing you can do for now is take medications for yeast infection, such as fluconazole, and try avoiding those that trigger the infection until it is treated. But I still highly recommend you to talk to your doctor if you think the condition gets worse.

More info about vaginal yeast infections and treatments can be found here:

http://www.nicolasmed.com/fluconazole-150-mg-tablet-for-vaginal-thrush.html

Helpful Tips

periods
why is my blood dark at the beginning of my period ? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.