Period after a year
swimming_sue posted:
I am 51 years old. I have not had a period in a year. I started my period today. I was hoping I was done with this.
georgiagail responded:
Generally when someone your age has not had a menstrual period for a year or so they are said to have entered menopause.

If bleeding starts again this may not be due to menstruation. There can be other medical reasons for vaginal bleeding; the most common ones are benign growths in the uterus that can cause bleeding if they expand into blood vessels on the surface of the uterus. Other, more serious tumor issues can also cause this bleeding.

The issue is that while there is a tendency to assume that ALL bleeding is due to a period, the fact is there can be other causes of abnormal vaginal bleeding and these would need to be looked into medically.