Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ovaryian cyst
An_254567 posted:
am 44 and have been diagnosed with a ovarian cyst today , it measures 3 cm by 3 cm .. about 3 months ago i had a 40 day period and took hormones to help stop it and then on the 19 th of the next month i started as usual just spotted for abou 6 days ..today i went back for a f/u and ultrasound and they found the cyst,,she said i was n the midlle of my cyle she thinks and wants me back on 1-13-14 for another u/s and to c if i have had my period on time also she said i had uterine thickning..what does all this sound like

Anon_6061 responded:
Monitoring sounds like a very reasonable plan for both the cyst and the thickened lining. 3cm is not that large and most cysts resolve on their own. Uterine thickening oftentimes resolves on its own too.

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.