Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Endometrial ablation?
An_254568 posted:
I had an endometrial ablation back in 2011 at age 48 after suffering for over 5 years with very heavy periods. I will be 51 next month and have basically had no period for the past 2 1/2 years. In October 2013, I started having very light spotting (like a the beginning or end of a normal period) only wearing a light days pad when necessary and I'm hoping that this doesn't turn into a regular period again as I have been enjoying my freedom of not having to worry about heavy periods for such a long time. I guess only time will tell but should I head back to my OBGYN and see what's going on? I was there this summer and had blood tests done and he indicated that according to the results I am just at the very beginning stages of menopause. Does anyone know from experience if this happens?

Anon_6061 responded:
This can happen with ablation. Periods can stop for a long period of time and then start back up. This can make it hard to know if it is post-menopausal bleeding that requires investigation (even though most cases of post-meno bleeding are nothing serious).

Helpful Tips

Irregular menstrual cycle
My daughter has been passing dark blood for over 10 days now. There are clots involved and the blood shed is between a very heavy flow and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.