Skip to content
Pregnancy with an enlarged spleen
nic14120 posted:
I was seen by my primary in June for left upper quardrent discomfort. Treated and eraticated h-pylori. He did a sono prior to the labs and it showed a mild spleen enlargement of 13cm, when it should be 12 in women. They told me not to worry because it's so mild. I had my pysical yesterday and said we have been trying but the discomfort has returned, in waves. A dull ache under left breast. He said some people have a enlarged one, dont let it alter my plans. Found out last night i'm pregnant with my 3rd! Im trying to be excited, but scared because i have two kids I need to be well for! I do have Hashimotos hypothyroid and during the sono period I have bern battling getting my thyroid levels good. Not sure if the autoimmune disorder can affect this. Is there a great danger to my health or that of the baby, with being preg and an enlarged spleen? They never did any bloodwork bc they said not to worry about it. I wabt to enjoy this, but feel so scared!!

nic14120 responded:
Thank you! The reason im worried also is bc in 2012 a scan showed fatty liver, no issues w the spleen. 7/2013 liver was fine, spleen was mildly enlarged:/

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.