Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Menopause????
nanasmonkies posted:
I just turned 41 in September and for the last 4 months I have been having 2 periods a month. Each one last for 5 days and I was wondering if this is part of menopause or what?
I have no insurance and can not afford to go to the doctors unless I absolutely have too.
Any suggestions?

georgiagail responded:
Menopause is the cessation of menstrual periods, not an increasing number of them. And at age 41 you are too young to enter menopause.

Keeping in mind that the normal cycle can range anywhere from 21 to 35 days, it is possible to have 2 perfectly normal menstrual periods in a month if your cycle happens to be on this shorter side.

Gail

tlkittycat1968 replied to georgiagail's response:
I don't know about being too young to enter menopause because I've heard of women entering menopause super early but I do agree witht he cycle length thing.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
51 of 101 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.