Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Decrease in breast size
An_254597 posted:
Good morning there, I'm a 20y.o single female. I have suffered from a sudden stoppage in my period for three months after it has came for un-usual number of days (9days and it's usual days are 6) before its stoppage directly. After three months of waiting, I got my period ( when I was on a trip outside my country in a country w/ diff. Weather ) with no cramps more than usual and for 6 days. The one after this normal period has came after 40 days and was also normal. What I am wondering about is my breast size. I noticed that my breast size is getting smaller although that I wear 32-A bras.

I have an appointment with my gynecologist in two weeks to follow up my period and my pelvic area. but I am really worried about breasts more than my period now!

Can you just calm me down or at least list me your expectations?

Thank u

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Have you lost weight lately? Our breasts are mostly fat tissue and if you lose weight, your breasts would get smaller.

faaaas replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
I wish that I am losing weight although that I don't need it just to make it the cause of my problem.

My weight has not changed since last May unfortunately.

Thank you for your replay.

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.